Experienced Outfit Engineer - Scotstoun Based - 6 Month Contract - £39.60 an hour
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Scotstoun.
Undertake a defined range of Wholeship - Integration activities including Outfit systems, compartment design and integration activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements. Supplying advice and support to internal and external customers ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
The role holder will require knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
Outfit includes the design or operation of:-
- Deck coverings, Coatings, Insulation & Linings
- Accommodation and Wet Spaces
- Ship's Access & Escape (i.e. doors, hatches, ladders. etc.)
- Evacuation & Lifesaving
- Removal routes
- Commissariat, Galley & Laundry
- Offices, Stores (incl. refrigerated) & Workshops
- Human Factors awareness
- Damage Control & Portable Firefighting
- Equipment Procurement Packs
- Rule sets: Def. Standards, Lloyds, Naval Rules
- Compartment and Product Safety
Experience required for this role:-
- Possesses good knowledge of all aspects within current discipline
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements
- Has sufficient capability to be able to make correct trade-off decisions
- Good Experience in an Outfit Ship Design environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to management and peers.
- Displays flexibility through response to radical changes.
- Strong understanding of Detail Design Requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle
- Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable.
For more information please call Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn