Electronics Engineer - Graduate calibre
*Multiple opportunities for exceptional Graduates / Masters Graduate calibre
My client is a market leader and well known brand operating within the areas of Cyber Security supporting government and businesses around the world.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work as Electronics Engineers in one of our customer-facing product teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.
We have a range of roles available, from graduate entry through to experienced engineers. We are interested in hearing from anyone who can make a strong contribution to our work.
We'd like to hear from people keen to develop their career in engineering who have a baseline of experience in some or all of the following areas that we cover:
- RF PCB development
- Digital, mixed signal and power PCB development
- Mechanical design and system integration
- System engineering
Development work, depending on the level of seniority, will include:
- Client interaction to understand and influence requirements, deliver solutions and be involved in bidding for new work.
- Development team lead, including mentoring junior engineering staff.
- Research and monitoring of developments in relevant technology to maintain and enhance our leading-edge capability.
The main emphasis of this role is the implementation and delivery of hardware solutions; advice and support from senior technical specialists is expected to be provided, particularly in the early stages of design.
What we are looking for (skills and experience)
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated with a strong academic background typically in Engineering or Physics a 2:1 or 1st class degree.
- Understanding of the principles of PCB circuit design and layout.
- Understanding of the principles of mechanical design
- Proven record of set-to-work and verification of complex hardware, sometimes under demanding project timescales.
- Client-facing experience and influencing skills, as well as strong inter-personal skills.
- Experience of designing products for production.
- Experience of designing products for compliance against industry standards (eg CE, FCC, DEF STAN).
You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note these roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn