Category Lead Role (Indirect Procurement) - Preston Based - £44.03 an hour Inside IR35 - 6 Month Contract
This role will be home based during Covid restrictions.
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Preston.
Core Duties Include
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the product or service provision:
o Meets all governance requirements.
o Delivers optimum value for money.
o Achieves the required service level as agreed with internal customers.
- Ensure requirements are delivered in a timescale agreed with our stakeholders.
- Conduct ongoing and regular liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment in the delivery of our service with their requirements and expectations.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure experience, lessons learnt, synergy opportunities etc. are captured.
- Ensure clear lines of communication with external suppliers.
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvement, including automation, process improvement and consumption management.
- Demonstrate very good business acumen when negotiating with external suppliers.
- Use data analytics to assess supplier data in order to structure and improve supplier performance and where applicable value for money.
- Actively contribute to service level improvement initiatives and proactively support the improvement in service provision (including CSAT scores).
- Demonstrate a high degree of competence in managing company systems - Coupa, Workspace for example.
- Manage contracts throughout their life, in conjunction with the business, to successfully deliver goods and services.
- Proactively manage our suppliers and develop a strong performance culture.
- Proactively manage instances of under-performance - internal and external to the Company.
- Understand the need to engage with senior management as and when appropriate in order to report, obtain authorisation, highlight and escalate issues.
- Extensive experience in a Procurement environment; and / or
- Have MCIPS qualification; and / or
- Be educated to degree or equivalent standard.
- Contingent Labour OR Professional Services experience
- Possess a high standard of Procurement competence in key areas of Sourcing process knowledge, Contracting Skills, Financial Awareness, and Supplier Management.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn