Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
We are looking to recruit a Backend Software Developer in Leeds Government and Customers around the world in helping them defend against cyber threats.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing well designed, testable and efficient code
- Responding to client requests, anticipating and meeting client problems and needs using innovative approaches when applicable.
- Involvement in all aspects of the development life cycle.
- Knowledge sharing with colleagues and assisting team members with their objectives.
- Analysis and resolution of software defects
- Contribution to improving software development approaches and quality of deliverables.
- Reporting progress to Scrum Master, highlighting issues before they become a problem
- Provide estimation for engineering task based on delivery project assigned by the Engineering Manager.
You will have:
- 2 + years' experience in Backend and API development work using associated technologies Scala/NodeJS/Java/Python
- Experience using Unit Testing Frameworks
- Jboss Application Server, Websphere Application Server (desirable)
- Experience developing in the cloud (Azure/AWS) (desirable)
- Apache Kafka and NiFi experience (desirable)
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you'll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the prosperity and security of the UK
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn