Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Voice and Data Infrastructure Design Engineer to join their existing team in Corsham, hybrid working on a 6 month contract.
As a Voice and Data Infrastructure Design Engineer, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Accountable for the creation of compliant voice and data switching architectures, under the direction of the Voice and Data Infrastructure Design Lead. Providing in-depth technical expertise to the system design. collaborating with other SMEs.
- Producing the detailed specifications, designs and other technical deliverables
- Designing the building, test and trialling of solutions.
In addition, you will also participate in Validation, Verification, Test and Acceptance activities and support Operational Engineering teams with in-service systems, troubleshooting technical faults and problem management.
To succeed within the role of a Voice and Data Infrastructure Design Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Degree or HNC/HND or equivalent in Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering. Applications are also welcomed from individuals with significant demonstrable experience who don't hold formal qualifications
- Experience of voice and data traffic handling and switching systems VCCS (Voice Communications Control System) & ICCS (Integrated Communications Control System)
- Voice and data comms technologies and protocols such as SIP/RTP, ED-137, serial, IP, TDM.
In addition, you should also have demonstrable experience in System and solution architecture design and in RF transmission & reception systems.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, candidates must hold or be able to obtain SC Clearance with willingness to go through DV.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn