Exciting opportunity for a Technical Leader within Mechanical Design to work for a market leading manufacturing business in the Horsham area working within cutting edge technology.
Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of high cost, low volume capital equipment for the defence industries. Due to continued growth, we currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior / Technical Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join their skilled engineering team.
The successful candidate will be a Technical leader within a background supporting and producing small, design solutions in line with cost, time and quality requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Utilising your innovative design skills in Electro-Mechanical mechanisms.
- Leading in the creation of designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software.
- Leading and working in collaboration with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs, including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation
- Leading and developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
- Coordinating with wider engineering teams to integrate electronic, control and drive systems into equipment designs
You will have:
- A Flair for innovation, new concept designs and a passion for mechanical engineering.
- Experience in the design of complex mechanisms and structures
- Experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production in a Lead role.
- The ability to analyse the loads on, and design solutions for, items such as gear drives, bearings and motors
- An understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques
- Experience in the use of a 3D CAD system.
- Previous experience in a similar level position in a 'Senior' level role, preferably in a small or medium-sized company and/or relevant business model (desirable)
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn