Exciting opportunity for a hands on Technical leader /Senior Electrical - Systems Engineer to work for a market leading Design and Manufacturing business based in West Sussex.
The experienced Senior Systems Engineer will lead the full design and development life cycle of electrical and electronic systems, hardware and embedded software. The successful candidates will be leading the design activities and providing expert technical advice whilst acting as the bridge between the engineering project team, project management and production.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking technical leadership of multi-discipline engineering design projects and provide guidance to other engineers during development project phases.
- Taking the lead in defining the overall electronics architecture of the system identifying key sub assembly development and technical challenges, maximising the re-use of existing equipment/capabilities.
- Maintaining oversight of all technical deliverables, requirements and issues for the project.
- Designing and developing electrical and electronic systems for compliance with customer specifications.
- Producing, maintaining and critiquing block diagrams, technical reports, wiring, cabling and PCB schematics.
You will have:
- Strong degree in a related discipline is essential.
- Proven experience of leading technical project teams.
- Experience of combined electronic, electrical and software design.
- Good all-round practical understanding of electrical and electronics systems.
- Understanding of the integration of electronics and software into complete systems, including mechanical interaction.
- Knowledge of EMC qualification testing (desirable)
- Embedded software design experience using ARM and the Keil environment (desirable)
- Experience of system mathematical modelling and simulation is advantageous (desirable)
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn