Systems Safety Engineer - 12 Month Contract - Christchurch - £46 an hour
As a Systems Safety Engineer you will report to the Project Engineering Manager and Project Design Authority as applicable. You will play a key role in ensuring designs meet safety and environmental regulations and best practice. You will help assess customer reported potential safety issues and generate mitigation strategies as required, helping ensure the safety of service personnel. You will be required to regularly review and maintain project safety documentation and support reviews with the Customer.
You will advise and support the implementation of safe solutions to meet our Customers' requirements using a range of equipment and technologies (including mobile and deployed networking, enterprise computing and bespoke software development). These products require involvement at varying stages across their lifecycle, from early conception and experimentation, to delivered and under long term support and modification.
Skills and experience required:-
- A strong Systems engineering background with experience of safety engineering
- A good understanding of the complete systems engineering lifecycle (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems)
- Experience producing and implementing Safety Management Systems, Hazard Assessments and Safety Cases
- Experience of providing engineering input and support to business development activities would be an advantage
- A background in Communications, (voice, data and radio products) is highly desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, Point-to-Point radio links, 4G mobile technologies, network security, network management
- Software Operating Systems (Windows Server, Linux, VM Environments)
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC, Environmental etc. would be advantageous
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations would be desirable
For more information please call Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn