Do you have a background within Systems Engineering? Are you interested in supporting systems and solutions within the Defence / Aerospace market? If so, the following permanent role may be of interest for you…
My client, a multinational test specialist providing complex test systems and solutions to the Defence/Aerospace sector, are looking for a Systems Engineer to work on a permanent basis from their head office in Bournemouth.
This role requires an individual with a logical & analytical mindset who is always keen to learn and who will enjoy having a diverse range of engineering projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing modular test systems used across a number of industries such as Space, Air, Military and Nuclear.
- This is a unique opportunity to work on projects from start to finish:
- Requirements capture :concept, specification and feasibility of solution
- Design and development
- Supporting production (during manufacturing phase)
- Drive the commissioning and validation of the system
- Play key role in the final acceptance of the equipment
- Working closely with our customers and contribute to their overall test strategy
You will have:
- Systems architecture experience of Automatic Test Equipment
- Software, design and coding (LabVIEW, TestStand, Python, C++/ JAVA and Windows programming including .NET
- High level of Hardware Design and knowledge of Analog/Digital electronics
- Qualified to Bachelor Degree or higher in one of the following: Software, Electronics or Physics
- Minimum of 5 years' experience, at least 2 years in Systems Design role
- Experience in using high speed technologies and COTS instruments
- Ability to quickly process the information and adopt approach to solving problems
- Where necessary, work with partners to build the solution
- Good understanding of the life cycle of industrial projects
The following Skills or interests would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge in digital buses (A429, RSxxx, CAN, Ethernet, AFDX)
- Project Management
- An understanding of other engineering domains; e.g. Control systems/Power/Electro-mechanic/Physics/Radio-comms.
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including generous pension scheme, full family private healthcare, life assurance and 27 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn