Sustainable Energy Technologist - 12 Month Contract - Portsmouth - £630 a day Umbrella Inside IR35
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UKs leading Defence organisations in Portsmouth.
Our team provides a whole stack energy service, as a senior member within our technical consulting team you will use your subject matter expertise to identify opportunities, develop tailored solutions and support their implementation. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in Research & Development of new products for both the land and maritime markets.
- Work with customers to understand their carbon profile and develop their Net Zero Carbon roadmap
- Work to develop effective energy and low carbon solutions (generate, recycle, storage, monitor & control) in the form of feasibility studies and business cases through to detailed design and installation. For example, PV ( photo Voltaic) , CHP ( Combined Heat Power) , low carbon heat networks, heating systems, battery storage, hydrogen, carbon capture and energy management systems.
- Provide cross-discipline expertise and oversight of design development.
- Design management and integration of sub-contractor products, systems and solutions.
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with our R&D team to develop new energy & carbon reduction products
- Requires knowledge gained through professional qualification and including substantial work experience. CEng level or equivalent level of capability, typically MEng, MSc or PhD.
- Subject Matter Expert in Energy systems and products. Requires technical breadth & depth, is Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline expert on projects, programmes and contracts.
- Provide professional leadership for the engineering team. Promote team capability development and capability developments are communicated effectively within the discipline
- Responsible for design integrity and safety for products, services or sub-assemblies of low value, technical complexity and commercial risk. The role may hold technical or design authority
- May lead a small team of engineers
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn