Purchasing / Procurement Assistant required for market leading Manufacturing business in the Oldham area.
The Purchasing / Procurement / Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for liaising with suppliers to ensure that schedules deliveries are being met and to carry out data input support activities for the Purchasing Team to ensure that the ERP System (BAAN) is keep up to date with the latest delivery/pricing information.
This truly presents as an exciting opportunity for someone to build on their experience and make their mark within the Supply Chain team with a number of long term opportunities within the business to progress.
You will be responsible for:
- Progressing purchase orders and reporting on supply issues to the Purchasing Manager
- Chasing order acknowledgments from supplier
- Updating BAAN system with up to date order information
- Point of contact for Finance invoice queries
- Managing internal requisition process
- Source and order consumable items
- Internal and external query resolution
You will have:
- Previous background with Purchasing/Procurement / Supply Chain administration
- Previous manufacturing or similar sector experience (desirable)
- Working towards CIPS or a willingness to start process of CIPS (highly desirable)
- Experience of working with an ERP systems (desirable)
- Excellent organisational, communication and administration skills
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
My client is looking to start the shortlisting process ASAP - please apply now to avoid disappointment!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn