Are you an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer looking for your next challenge supporting aerospace manufacturing solutions? If so, the following permanent role might be for you…
My client is a global leader in the research, design, integration and manufacturing of components for for the aerospace and other high-technology markets. They have an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team in Birmingham.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will provide quality management for the supply chain and also provide quality engineering support to the entire Birmingham facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting continuous improvement activities, root cause analysis when problems occur, and ensuring that QA related corrective actions are implemented and monitored.
You will be responsible for:
- Establishing and managing supplier relationships to include supplier's continuous improvement /development goals.
- Visiting supplier as required
- Actively driving reductions in the cost of poor quality (COPQ)
- Driving Quality to ensure adherence to the processes, product standards and quality clinics are achieving desired results
- Planinng and auditing key suppliers in line with procedures requirements and supplier engagement programme
Leading new supplier assessments and supplier development activities, including recommendations and further actions to ensure Q & HSE standards
You will have:
- Degreeor equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Good understanding of Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Experience of Driving Quality Clinics, 5Whys and 8Ds
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including strong matched pension, 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development. Plus of course an early finish on a Friday!!
How to apply:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn