Opportunities like this don't come around often… would you like the challenge of supporting a business making an impact on some of the biggest projects in the UK defence market right now? Do you have what it takes? Yes? Then this is the job for you!!
Due to continued investment, this manufacturing business at the cutting edge of technology is searching for the perfect Supplier Assurance Engineer (Information Security) to join their growing team in Portsmouth on an initial 6 month contract. This role pays £38.55 per hour.
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the Supplier Assurance Engineer role, you'll be responsible for:
- Consulting with various stakeholders to ensure suppliers have accurate information to help them protect the business and Government Security Classified information to the appropriate level.
- Compiling and agreeing Security Aspects Letters (SAL) for subcontracts with suppliers to ensure appropriate protective security measures are in place to protect information.
- Conduct assurance activity of suppliers, including site audits where necessary. There is therefore the opportunity for and expectation of some travel to supplier sites.
- Monitoring security assurance of established subcontracts with suppliers.
To succeed within the Supplier Assurance Engineer role, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Experience of working in a supply chain, security or information assurance role
- Experience with Government Security Classifications and Security Policy Framework (SPF) or its replacement Government Standard (GovS) 007 : Security
- Experience of Defence Condition (DEFCON) 658
- Certified Information Security Management (CISM)
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Supplier Assurance Engineer, please send your CV to the Aerospace and Defence team via the 'apply now' button.
Not currently available? We'd still like to hear from you! This business is growing considerably in the upcoming months, and JAM will be supporting with the pipelining for their contract labour.
***PLEASE NOTE: Start dates are imminent so apply now!!!***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn