Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Structures Engineer to join their growing team in Scototun on a 6 Month contract. This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Structures Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining, and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
To succeed within the role of Structures Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Knowledge and competence in ship structural design including the derivation of scantlings.
- Some experience in the structural design of frigate-type vessels. Some knowledge of the use of Classification Society rules and processes, preferably Lloyd's Register Naval Ship Rules.
- Knowledge of general and structural calculation software
In addition, any experience of Awareness of finite element analysis, its application and assessment or Ability to produce clear and comprehensive reports and other documents as required by the project will be helpful.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Structures Engineer, please send your CV to Samantha Bowers via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn