Solution Architect - West Strand (Preston) - 6 Month Contract - £630 per day
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in West Strand.
As a Solution Architect your main responsibilities will involve:
- Defining the Solution Architecture and Design for the project to meet business requirements, within the project constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework
- Capturing the as-is application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Defining the to-be application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Ensuring, and where 3rd party elements are provided, assuring, that the overall functional and technical design of the solution is acceptable and fit for purpose
- Liaising with the product suppliers, COTS component vendors and sub-contract development teams
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of the solution implementation through overseeing the solution development process, and production of development work products
- Providing design management and governance through the operation of change and configuration management activities
- Working effectively with the Project Managers to support the development of the project plan, through assisting with the compilation, reviewing estimates and schedules, and identifying risks and approach to reviews
- Engaging with customers, stakeholders and suppliers to develop solution requirements and solution design
As a Solution Architect your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Information Systems / Engineering diploma / degree - or equivalent, would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in delivering IM&IT solutions together with associated architecture deliverables.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF.
- Understanding of the service lifecycle is advantageous e.g. ITIL.
- Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
- Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Wintel desktop applications and plugins
- Familiar with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of a range of IM&T business systems from ERPs through procurement to supplier management.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn