Are you competent with SysML and/or UML modelling? Are you keen to work on software supporting solutions within the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, the following role could be for you….
We have exciting opportunities to join the Software Team of my award winning client in Havant, Hampshire as a Software Requirements engineer. This role is all about describing the behaviour of a software solution and implementing the high level software design following the architectural constraints.
The successful candidate will work mainly within the engineering team on Airborne Mission Systems, with a variety of programmes in this space. In addition, you will have opportunities to work both on their existing portfolio of programmes and future capabilities.
You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career with us, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance. To ensure this you will be offered a flexible work schedule (4 day working week !!) and a comprehensive benefits package to enable you to live a healthy fulfilling life in and outside of work.
You will primarily be home based with travel to the Havant office to support lab work and SW test and development.
You will be responsible for:
- Requirements Derivation
- Creation of Software Requirement Specifications
- Taking system engineering inputs and flowing through to the SW team.
- Bespoke Aerospace Software interfaces and systems
- Modelling and Systems design
- Translating business requirements into appropriate technical specifications
You will have:
- Strong understanding of UML modelling
- Exposure to SysML
- Solid understanding of Systems Engineering tools processes and practices.
- Understanding of requirements definition and interface documentation required to support the development and acceptance of solutions, including requirements decomposition.
- Understanding Test and Qualification procedures and practices, especially with regard to requirement sell off
- An understanding of software design patterns (such as the observer pattern), and the ablility to apply architecture design patterns.
- An understanding of UML Operations, Classes and Type Definitions, and being able to implement this within a Software UML Model.
- Exposure to C or similar.
- Ability to manage tasks and priorities to ensure that assigned workload is delivered when required.
- Experience of the Airborne Systems with experience of Merlin Mk2 platforM (desirable)
- Practical experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect) (desirable)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
- You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
- A 4 day working week (Monday-Thursday), a particular favourite amongst the team, giving you every Friday off, to spend more time doing the things you enjoy!!
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***