About the Role
**THIS ROLE IS INSIDE IR35, THE THE POSSIBILITY OF SOME REMOTE/HOME WORKING**
A talented Software Development Engineer is required to join the Software Engineering team working for our client, a global defence cpmpany. As a Software Development Engineer you will have worked on programmes through the full Software Engineering Lifecycle, with focus on the Software Design, Implementation and Unit Testing aspects of software development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to; assisting with requirements analysis, software design, implementation, and software testing and will be required to support integration and test activities.
They will be expected apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
Successful candidates must be knowledgeable and proficient in the application of a wide range of software engineering practices and will display a proactive and innovative approach to developing complex technical solutions to difficult customer problems under general direction from their project lead.
They will be responsible for assisting with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage their own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met.
The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development lifecycle.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java 11 and/or C++11
- Strong understanding of threading and concurrent programming in either Java or C++
- Strong understanding of unit testing and unit test/mocking frameworks, e.g. Junit, Mockito or GoogleTest/Parasoft
- Experience of relational database design and SQL
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures
- Typically you may have used UML modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody 8.3.1) and be familiar with requirements capture tools (e.g. DOORS Next Generation). You will also be proficient in the use of software source control tools (e.g. Mercurial/Git) and issue tracking tools (e.g. Jira).
- You should have a passion for developing high quality software solutions, have the ability and willingness to support/mentor junior team members, be a self starter with the ability to work with little supervision, proven ability to learn new skills quickly all whilst maintaining a high standard of ethics and personal accountability.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
Experience with one or more of the following:
- HMI/GUI design and development
- C# within the .NET framework
- Java persistence API for Java and/or jOOQ
- Experience of Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Confident in usage of IntelliJ (or Eclipse) and/or QtCreator
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology and Scrum.
- GIS frameworks (e.g. Luciad)
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn