The successful candidate will develop software applications and components for Windows and embedded application and ensure that projects and applications can be tested and delivered on time, co-ordinating with specialist engineering functions as required.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of software applications from concept design, requirements definition, detailed design and coding
- Designing, coding, testing, correcting and documenting large and/or complex programs and program modifications to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Developing robust software with particular attention to fault management, fault reporting and health status of applications.
- Producing and maintaining related supporting documentations (Interface control documentation, input to user manuals, fault code lists and actions)
- Working with customers to assist integration, commissioning, and problem resolution activities
You will have:
- Strong degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years in a similar engineering role or industry
- Successful leadership of technical software projects from requirements capture to delivery
- Minimum 5 years' experience of writing C/C++ for embedded applications and 16bit/32bit microcontrollers
- Experience of writing Windows based engineering and test GUI's in C#
- Solid understanding of embedded hardware peripherals (UART(RS232, RS422), CAN, SPI, ADC, DAC ) general appreciation of associated hardware
- Experience of developing and documenting user interfaces
- Familiarity with the traditional V model and Agile development cycles and design for test methodologies
- Experienced of using STM32 processors and Keil uVision development environment and tools (desirable)
- QT and QT Creator- multiplatform development environment (desirable)
- Understanding of motor control principles and theory, and interfaces (desirable)
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn