Opportunities like this don't come around often… would you like the challenge of supporting a business making an impact on some of the biggest projects in the UK defence market right now? Do you have what it takes? Yes? Then this is the job for you!!
Due to continued investment, this manufacturing business at the cutting edge of technology is searching for the perfect Software Engineer to join their growing team in Samlesbury on an initial 6-month contract. This role pays £49.88 per hour.
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the Software Engineer role, you'll be responsible for:
- Completion of design, implementation and low level test activities to agreed deadlines with acceptable quality.
- Investigation of issues including the recommendation and implementation of technical solutions.
- Pro-active reporting of progress, issues, risks and opportunities to Team Leads.
- Regular meetings and communication with other team members / organisations using a range of online / digital resources.
To succeed within the Software Engineer role, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Java 8 programming experience
- API development experience
- Experience of Structured Query Language (SQL) and programmatic use of databases
- Scrum Methodology / Agile Development
- Knowledge of other OO programming / Scripting Language
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Software Engineer, please send your CV to the Aerospace and Defence team via the 'apply now' button.
***PLEASE NOTE: Start dates are imminent so apply now!!!***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn