Opportunities like this don't come around often… would you like the challenge of supporting a business making an impact on some of the biggest projects in the UK defence market right now? Do you have what it takes? Yes? Then this is the job for you!!
Due to continued investment, this manufacturing business at the cutting edge of technology is searching for the perfect Senior Systems Engineer to join their growing team in Portsmouth on an initial 12-month contract. This role pays £44.50 per hour.
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the Senior Systems Engineer role, you'll be responsible for:
* Review and agreement of Supplier Product Specifications
* Engineering support to project Engineering Life-Cycle Management review
* Responsibility for eliciting requirements from a range of stakeholders, and then deriving those requirements to the appropriate level for subsystem specification. Participating in activities supporting the ongoing maturity of the design for a range of marine engineering systems.
To succeed within the Senior Systems Engineer role, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* Systems engineering experience gained from one or more areas of the systems engineering lifecycle/ V-model, such as: systems integration, system verification testing, software testing, system design etc.
* Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
* Experience utilising software packages such as UML based modelling toolsets.
* Requirements management experience with software tools such as DOORS and familiar with IT networks and general office applications.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Senior Systems Engineer, please send your CV to the Aerospace and Defence team via the 'apply now' button.
Not currently available? We'd still like to hear from you! This business is growing considerably in the upcoming months, and JAM will be supporting with the pipelining for their contract labour.
***PLEASE NOTE: Start dates are imminent so apply now!!!***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn