A great opportunity has come along with a leading aerospace and defence business who are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quality Engineer for their site based at Barrow. The role is an initial 12-month contract and there is a view of starting the right candidate ASAP.
The Role: Engineering Manager
Contract: 12 months initially plus extensions
Rate: £38.54 per hour Umbrella.
IR35 status: Inside IR35.
Location: Barrow In Furness, hybrid working or remote if needed
Work as a fully contributory member of the Quality team
· Responsible for demonstrating SHE and responsible business behaviours
· Undertake routine Quality Assurance activities and tasks in their related area
· Undertake non-routine and or complex Quality Assurance activities and tasks in their related area with minimal support
· Manage own development
· Able to access, have a clear understanding of and develop the local Management System documentation e.g. policies, procedures, workmanship standards, risk assessments and processes in their related area
· Responsible for leading internal audits and supporting supplier audits
· Support the management of non-conformance resolution and corrective actions with key stakeholders and process owners
· Responsible for conducting Quality investigations
· The ability to analyse data effectively resulting in themes and corrective actions
· Contribute in working groups ensuring deliverables are achieved and Learning from Experience (LfE) is captured and applied
· Support requirements relating to certification activities
· Capable of leading and driving a scope of work
· Use of Company computer systems and software as appropriate
· The ability to articulate and deliver Quality objectives
· Support departmental reviews and liaise with the customer when required
· The ability to critique and tailor issues and ideas in written reports and presentations ensuring accuracy and clarity of meaning · Support the delivery of results via continuous improvement activities · Providing support to Early Careers on rotation through Quality roles
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/ EN9100 standards
- Understanding of Business Management Systems, Operational Framework and Operational Assurance process
- Knowledge of product safety
- Understanding the importance of cross functional integration
- Export requirements knowledge (for example International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)) (where applicable)
- The ability to interpret specifications, procedures and contract requirements
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies; Fishbone, 5 Why, relationship diagrams, six sigma etc. gathering and analysing evidence cross functionally
- Effective action management and verification
- Effective stakeholder management (including with the customer)
If you are interested in this contract, please contact Sophie Tully at JAM Recruitment and send your CV over to s.tully(at)jamrecruitment.co.uk
If this isn't the role for you, but you know of someone who could be interested, JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you refer to us, so get in touch.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn