Senior Project Professional - 9 month initial contract opportunity!
A great opportunity has come along with one of the UK's leading Aerospace & Defence businesses who are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Professional to work at one of their busiest sites. The role is an initial 9-month contract and is paying £30.06 per hour (inside IR35) there is a view of starting the right candidate ASAP.
The Role: Senior Project Professional
Contract: 9-months initially plus extensions
Rate: £30.06 per hour
Location: Barrow based, hybrid/remote opportunities
IR35 status: Inside IR35.
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
The individual in this role will manage a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project, (such as a particular work package), or will support a Project Manager with aspects of managing a larger project.
* At this level the incumbent may supervise or guide one or two professional staff, and be involved in managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
* They will have a level of experience in one or more areas of PM practice and be expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
Able to perform intermediate project reporting & scheduling.
* Able to undertake intermediate problem solving typically based on previous experience.
* Have a good knowledge of Business processes and procedures.
* Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
* Attend on the job training as appropriate.
* Able to lead a small non-complex project or a work package of a larger project.
* Able to manage the full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
* Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
* Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
* In some business, this will be a transition role for a PM Apprentice or Graduate coming off their development scheme.
If you are interested in this contract, please contact Sophie Tully at JAM Recruitment and send your CV over to s.tully(at)jamrecruitment.co.uk
If this isn't the role for you, but you know of someone who could be interested, JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you refer to us, so get in touch.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn