The individual in this role will manage the PM&C processes of a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project, (such as a particular work package), or will support a Project Manager with aspects of managing PM&C on a larger project. At this level the incumbent may supervise or guide one or two professional staff, and be involved in managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
They will have a level of experience in one or more areas of PM&C practice and be expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
- Accountable as a member of the PM&C team for supporting development and implementation of appropriately tailored PM&C practices.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for a one or two staff.
- Expected to provide technical support to team members.
- Accountable for ensuring one or more aspects of PM&C practices in the project are suitable for purpose.
- No budget responsibilities would the expected at this level from a financial perspective, but there are likely to be time and resource constraints.
- Problem solving most likely to apply in an existing Business environment.
- Good understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM&C approaches.
- Applies problem solving techniques to routine situations or situations of moderate complexity under limited supervision, in the field of PM&C, taking requirements and data from internal (project) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
- An ability to gather information.
- Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches
- Direct impact on the performance of the team.
- Takes responsibility for own performance and development, including any team members.
- Quality and timeliness of work reflects on the effectiveness of the immediate team.
- Business acumen that goes beyond immediate team.
- Make judgments, recommendations and advises on analysis of factual information.
- Impact in terms of providing services/information on matters that assist others in controlling or making decisions.
- Job involves regular exchange of information and handling of difficult conversations.
- Developed communication skills to exchange complicated information.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn