Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to work as part of an organisation protecting people and maintaining maximum national security?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Senior Outfit Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team in Scotstoun on an initial 6 Month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role will be offering £35.83 per hour.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of a Senior Outfit Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Producing Layout Drawings for Outfit compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to correctly model these spaces.
- Updating Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences, and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design.
- Preparing technical equipment specifications; develop designs in line with all specifications and standards and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Producing Procurement Pack documentation.
- Co-ordinating with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Outfit systems.
To succeed within the role of Senior Outfit Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
- Possesses good knowledge of all aspects within current discipline.
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements.
- Has sufficient capability to be able to make correct trade-off decisions.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Senior Outfit Engineer, please send your CV to the resource centre via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn