Senior Engineer - Capability & Training (Engineering function) - Barrow in Furness - 6 Month Contract - £40 an hour
To lead training programme rollout for the Engineering Function in 2021
To assist with other Talent Management activities within the People Capability team
To provide support, oversight and governance to the Engineering function in relation to people capability and skills development. This will involve working closely with Domain Leads within the Function Team to address the people capability needs of their function. This role will also require interface with key stakeholders within the Engineering function to understand their needs and to provide support for them to enable programme delivery.
- To lead activities focusing on Talent Management within the function, in liaison with Domain Leads and line managers
- To maintain and assist in creating training delivery Statement of Requirements for Engineering, including production of tracking metrics throughout the year
- To lead the rollout of the Engineering Training Programme for 2021, ensuring that we maximise spend, achieve value for money and explore alternative delivery methods
- To support line managers to develop action plans for High Potentials and Succession Planning within the function and to drive improvement in how the function performs these tasks
- To assist with capture and analysis of skills/ competency management processes within the function (i.e. formerly ESM)
- Support resourcing processes and recruitment activities where required by the function
- Analysis of resourcing/ manpower data (such as EAC, RCT pack and BRP data) to understand demand for disciplines/ domains in Engineering
- Regular meetings with discipline/ domain leads to determine effectiveness of people capability within their areas
- Analyse attrition in the function to develop retention strategies and demographics reports
- Look ahead strategically to determine future resource demands of the function - including developing capabilities
- To assist line managers to develop action plans for High Potentials and Succession Planning within the function and to drive improvement in how the function performs these tasks
- To assist with capture and analysis of skills/ competency management processes within the function
- Engineering background - Degree, HNC or similar with relevant experience
- Broad engineering experience and knowledge
- Previous experience of a functional/ capability/ training role
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, including supplier networks
- Experience with training delivery or material
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or cick apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn