An exciting opportunity to join an established, expanding electro-optics specialist with a Global footprint as a Senior Control Systems Engineer.
We are looking for an experienced control systems expert to play a critical role as the leading control systems engineer on an exciting development project with customer facing responsibilities. This role combines theoretical expertise and hands on experience to deliver the project lifecycle from requirements analysis through to system deployment in a short timeframe.
You will be responsible for:
- Capturing, deriving and management of the system requirements set
- Proposal, modelling (Simulink) and developing the control system solution for a high-performance stabilisation and target tracking system
- Analysis and specification of subsystem requirements (sensors, image processing, motor performance, etc)
- Model validation through experimentation and subsystem prototyping
- Supporting the implementation and optimisation of the control system (in C) in final build
- Providing and executing staged system integration plan with active risk management
- Providing and executing system verification and validation plan
You will have:
- Practical understanding and experience of PID control loops
- Understanding of motor design and performance parameters and application of motion profiles
- Experience in capture, analysis and derivation of system requirements
- Experience in evaluating motion tracking performance requirements
- Provision of architectural design of new control systems
- Experience in development and optimisation of control solutions - application of digital filters, experimentation with different techniques such as feed forward
- Modelling of control systems in Simulink and implementation in C
- System integration and test planning experience
- Set to work new tracking/control systems, setting up and optimising tuning
- Experience providing detailed technical documentation and presentations to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Leadership of technically complex development projects
You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note these roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn