Are you an experienced C++ Developer looking for your next opportunity supporting solutions with the Defence and security sector? If so, the following permanent role might be for you…
We are looking for individuals to work as Software and Senior Software Developers in one of our customer-facing market leading product teams in Manchester city centre.
The ideal candidate would have relevant industry experience but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed Software Developers with a strong academic background with a strong desire to grow their technical ability.
We have a range of roles available, from Junior through to Mid & Senior level Developers.
You will be responsible for :
* High performance application design and development in C++ and related languages.
* Developing and deploying software which typically includes low level development (eg real-time software, drivers, embedded software etc.) and requires an understanding of the underlying hardware systems.
* Managing technical tasks/projects and people.
* Customer-facing technical consultancy.
* Work towards gaining the experience required to take technical lead roles.
* Mentoring and coaching junior colleagues.
* C++ experience
* Broad interest in wireless technology, embedded systems and awareness of latest industry developments.
* Ability to produce high-quality software
* Understanding of low-level computing concepts
* Development on and for Linux based embedded systems (desirable)
* Range of other development skills, including C (for embedded systems), Java, HTML5, React/Redux, Python, GDB (desirable)
* Modern software development methodologies such as Agile and Test Driven Development (desirable)
* Understanding of radio communication systems and concepts (desirable)
* You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn