Exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer to work for a market leading manufacturing business in the Horsham area.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for executing the supply chain strategy and ensuring the delivery of quality products & services on plan, at the lowest cost of ownership.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the procurement activities for a supplier portfolio, executing regular business reviews, examining performance & setting improvement goals to meet functional objectives.
- Developing & driving strong supply partnerships identifying opportunities to climb the value chain & maximise value add to deliver a high performing agile supply chain network.
- Preparing Request for Information (RFI) & Request for Quotation (RFQ) documentation.
- Facilitating the introduction of new parts, adapting the supply chain to support emerging needs.
You will be:
- Experienced in technical & engineering buying with the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and have an understanding of associated manufacturing processes.
- Experienced with good IT skills & a working knowledge of using MRP/ERP systems.
- A team player able to liaise & work collaboratively cross functionally with Engineering, Quality, Production & Production Control teams.
- A confident communicator with the ability to operate under pressure, multi task and deliver to exacting timescales.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn