Senior Buyer - 12 Month Contract - Samlesbury Based (Remote Working) - £28.43 an hour Umbrella INSIDE IR35
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Samlesbury.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the end to end procurement process of Plant & Equipment and Construction projects. These projects typically include; upgrade / overhaul / installation of manufacturing plant & equipment, new builds, building refurbishments and site rationalisation work.
Typically, this will require you to work with multiple stakeholders including; engineers, budget holders, SMEs, external suppliers, contractors and consultancies in order to devise and execute a suitable procurement strategy.
You will be a buyer/senior buyer with experience of both developing and implementing procurement strategies ideally relating to construction and/or plant & equipment projects alongside the following:
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills across all levels
- Ability to manage contracts including contract negotiation
- Proficient in undertaking supplier management
- Experience of working in a similar position or related degree
- Experience within construction and/or plant & equipment categories
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Good understanding of construction and/or engineering processes
- Ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- Experience with Word and Excel
- Comfortable in a fast paced commercial environment
- Ability to read, understand and abstract technical information from drawings and specifications to procure materials, equipment and services
For more information on this role please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn