Senior Buyer (Construction) - Samlesbury Based - £25 an hour - 12 Month Contract
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Samlesbury.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the end to end procurement process of Construction and Plant & Equipment projects. These projects typically include; key infrastructure upgrades, utilities installation & removal, building refurbishments, office accommodation upgrades, introduction of manufacturing plant & equipment and site rationalisation work.
You will be a buyer/senior buyer with a track record of both developing and implementing procurement strategies ideally relating to Construction and/or Plant & Equipment projects alongside the following:
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to manage contracts including contract negotiation
- Supplier Management
- Experience working in a similar position or a related degree
- Experience within construction and/or plant & equipment categories
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Good understanding of construction & engineering processes
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- Experience with Word and Excel software
- Comfortable in a fast paced commercial environment
- Ability to read, understand and abstract technical information from drawings and specifications to procure materials, equipment and services
- Knowledge / experience of JCT / NEC contracts
- Knowledge / experience of CDM (Construction Design Management) Regulations
- Knowledge / experience of RIBA plan of work
- Experience of appointing and working with consultants, including:
- Quantity Surveyors
- Mechanical & Electrical Designers
- CDM / Principle Designers
For more information please call Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn