Exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager to join a market leading provider of test systems and solutions to the Aerospace/Defence/Space sector based in Bournemouth. With new investors actively supporting this business, this is truly a unique opportunity and time to join a company with such ambitious growth plans.
The successful Sales Manager will be responsible for taking ownership of the technical response to bids and opportunities and working with supplier and partners to identify optimum solutions.
This position requires an individual with a natural and intuitive sales ability who has a proven 'Hunter' mentality in similar business environments.
Along with strong business development skills you will need to be persuasive, convincing, have a passion for winning, be autonomous, driven and motivated but be able to build lasting, deep and trusting relationships with your clients.
Due to the nature of our business, you will be promoting solutions and concepts rather than portfolio products. This is why a consultative pre-sales profile is required rather than a product selling profile.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning a range of primarily UK-based key accounts and prospects that you will have to manage and grow in conjunction with other Account Managers in the Group (France, Germany, US)
- Establishing or improving customer relationships through an intimate understanding of your customers' expectations, problems, constraints and dependencies
- Driving the sales process around your opportunities (Go/NoGo, Bid/NoBid, Tender Review, Contract Review)
- Responsible for proposing the right price, for the right solution to the end customer by challenging the Engineering team and partners when necessary
- Working closely with Managing Director & business units to manage the order pipeline, internal forecasting tools, account roadmaps, etc.
You will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Science (electronics, physics/mathematics, computer science) or business administration with a minimum 3 years of related experience, preferably in an engineering environment.
- Demonstrable experience of new business/account development with Tier 1 customers in a variety of industries (Aerospace, Energy, Defence, Space)
- Proven track record in meeting or exceeding targets
- Ability to process information quickly and to adapt your approach
- Ability to build long-term & effective relationships with clients quickly
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including very generous pension and 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***