Would you like to join a global aerospace organisation? Do you want to work with cutting edge technology and play a key role in bringing innovative aircraft to life?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Design Engineer to add to their talented, hardworking team on an initial 12 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role is 100% remote working and is outside IR35. Hourly rate for this role is negotiable.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you won't find anywhere else.
Within the role of Remote Working Design Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Design test rigs for aerospace parts and assemblies in close collaboration with test engineers
- Create 3D parts and assemblies in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Derive fully dimensioned 2D technical drawings appropriate for production and certification
In addition, you'll also be consulting with engineers of other disciplines, for example Manufacturing Engineers regarding manufacturability of your design and have opportunity to constantly learn new things and share them with your team members.
To succeed within the role of Design Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the aerospace or automotive industry and/or testing and/or similar background is required
- Strong knowledge of Siemens NX and basic knowledge of harness design in Siemens NX
- Advanced knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills are required
In addition, an University degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and experience in aerospace certification procedures will be helpful.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn