On behalf of my client, a leading manufacturing business in the Oldham area, I am pleased to present the opportunity for a Purchase & Sales ledger Controller/Accounts Assistant to work an initial 12 month fixed term contract (with the potential to move onto a permanent contract).
The Purchase & Sales Ledger Controller will be responsible to provide support to Head of Finance and all ESUK-A&S disciplines in their field - to maintain and control the entire Sales ledger/cash collection and Purchase ledger functions - that needs to be executed with the company's overall strategy of maximizing its cash flow.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing monthly sales invoicing, ensuring that all data adheres to the contractual requirements. This includes production of all sales invoices and the compilation of documentation for export deliveries and letters of credit to strict specification
- Generating monthly sales statements and reminders where necessary
- Reviewing debtors ledger, including full explanations and any proposed actions
- Communicating with the Commercial and Project Management function where necessary
- Processing all purchase invoices accurately and efficiently
- Reconciling Suppliers' statements to the Supplier Purchase ledger account
You will have:
- Accounting qualification - Associates or Bachelor degree in related discipline
- Intermediate MS Office, mainly Excel (by experience - no qualification is required)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) and an early finish on a Friday. In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn