Opportunities like this don't come around often… would you like the challenge of supporting a business making an impact on some of the biggest projects in the UK defence market right now? Do you have what it takes? Yes? Then this is the job for you!!
Due to continued investment, this manufacturing business at the cutting edge of technology is searching for the perfect Project Scheduler to join their growing team in Samlesbury on an initial 8-month contract. This role pays £27.85 per hour.
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the Project Scheduler role, you'll be responsible for:
* Application of best practice schedule principles to ensure logical flow and visibility of critical path.
* Ensure the plan adheres to a defined build strategy/ sequence and identify any opportunities for improvement.
* Handover / dependency management.
* Schedule Risk Analysis to be performed in line with requirements.
* Support / close liaison with Contract Integration team.
* Engagement with stakeholders to establish content & logic.
To succeed within the Project Scheduler role, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* Ability to support to the Fast Jet Support business in return to green plans on current contracts with full schedules and earned value management.
* Hit the ground running to improve the current schedules to ensure they are then used as part of the Project Control System and drive Contract Status Reports and reporting in a valuable way as currently they are being updated in isolation and not in a timely manner.
* Supporting to the teams in future Project Management Baseline setting and schedule construction and training support to those who are required to support regular updates.
* The candidate must have excellent Microsoft Office Excel and Project skills and must be good with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Communication, Team Working and Motivation are essential
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Project Scheduler, please send your CV to the Aerospace and Defence team via the 'apply now' button.
Not currently available? We'd still like to hear from you! This business is growing considerably in the upcoming months, and JAM will be supporting with the pipelining for their contract labour.
***PLEASE NOTE: Start dates are imminent so apply now!!!***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn