Project Planner/Controller - Barrow in Furness - 12 Month Contract - £29.60 an hour
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations in Barrow in Furness.
Job role - The ability to carry out a full range of activities in support of project management, given responsibility for aspects of a project and facilitating the effective delivery of projects/programmes.
- Support bid and tendering processes, gathering and compiling data.
- Contribute to the development of project definitions. Support the development of project plans.
- Prepare analyses and collate data (including determining the availability of resources) to support the effective development of more detailed plans.
- Gather data, update project plans and generate project progress reports on behalf of the project manager.
- Monitor, within defined frameworks and in assigned areas, activities carried out on projects/programmes to support their effective delivery.
- Maintain project documentation. Identify and expedite actions to respond to issues and deviations from the contract.
- Support the resolution of problems and issues to facilitate development of timely and effective solutions.
- Deputising for the Project Leader as required.
- Assist Control Account Managers in the Project Planning and Control Processes.
- Identify and expedite actions to respond to issues and deviations from project plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to meet their requirements, and lead in swift resolution of major issues.
- Support the Risk & opportunity Management processes.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
- HNC / Certificate in Project Management or equivalent level of qualification
- LCM Awareness/ Assessor
- Specialist Professional Qualification/ Risk Certificate Level 1
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn