Project Manager (Supply Chain Assurance) - 6-month initial contract opportunity!
A great opportunity has come along with one of the UK's leading Aerospace & Defence businesses who are currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer to work at one of their busiest sites. The role is an initial 6-month contract and is paying £50 per hour (inside IR35) there is a view of starting the right candidate ASAP.
The Role: Project Manager, Supply Chain Assurance
Contract: 6-months initially plus extensions
Rate: £50 per hour
IR35 status: Inside IR35.
Location: Barrow-In-Furness, Hybrid working options
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Leading and managing the Materials Delivery Phase bid evaluation team
* Responsible for materials route-to-contract for each delivery phase/tranche covering: BAES scope, schedule, risk, opportunity and cost. Collaborative working and learning from experience activities, from Request for Quotation to successful bid analysis, evaluation, negotiation through to contract award and transition for each delivery phase.
* Providing day-to-day delivery phase direction for the material procurement project managers, cost teams and wider future contracting team.
* Lead the implementation and development of the risk-based pricing evaluation including collaboratively managing the wider stakeholder evaluation group including; material procurement, engineers and ESO's, cost estimating, finance, commercial and risk teams.
* Strategic design of the Alliance supply chain assurance processes and procedures including contract permission tracker versus actual commitments and alignment to the material approval process (MAFs and GMAF's)
* Lead on developing and delivering the batching and spares procurement strategy in line with the prevailing and future delivery phases.
* Lead on the effective procurement ways of working by applying strong category and project management principles
To succeed within the Project Manager role, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
Candidate specification skills and experience
* Proven material project management experience, successfully negotiating and delivering large multi-£billion complex material contracts. Working autonomously and leading and delivering on the material procurement bid evaluation.
* Demonstrating a clear understanding of the supply network and procurement big picture, collabo-rating and partnering.
* Providing expertise and unique insight into how industry approaches the delivery phase project and how the Alliance/SDA can maximise opportunities and drive cost savings through for example; the delivery of the cost-base reduction programme.
* Analytical thinker and demonstrable ability to triangulating and assimilate large amounts of de-tailed and complex data and with an eye for detail, create meaningful supply chain analysis, strategic procurement direction and negotiation options.
* Ability to design and set SDA/MOD standard requirements, request for information and tender evaluation. Setting out recommendations for contract award.
* A strong understanding of procurement and contracting challenges in the Submarines Enterprise.
* Desirable - Masters-level qualification in a Business discipline and an MCIPS qualification.
* Desirable - working knowledge of BAES and SDA/MOD unique processes, procedures and practices.
* Extensive experience of working with senior stakeholders and facilitating/influencing at this level.
If you are interested in this contract, please contact Sophie Tully at JAM Recruitment and send your CV over to s.tully(at)jamrecruitment.co.uk
If this isn't the role for you, but you know of someone who could be interested, JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you refer to us, so get in touch.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn