Project Manager - Christchurch Based - 12 Month Contract - £41.64 an hour PAYE
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Christchurch.
This role will provide you with the scope to develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business.
Your main responsibilities as a Project Manager will involve:
- Management and leadership of the project and delivery team
- Supporting the development of business cases and bidding documentation
- Identifying project objectives and outcomes
- Developing and tracking project plans, budget and schedule
- Work closely with Engineering leads to identify and prioritise workload and tasking in line with strategic milestones and dates
- The identification, development and management of stakeholder relationships
- Accurate reporting of project status to team members, leadership and external stakeholders
- Ensuring business, project and quality management processes are effectively applied across projects
- Identifying project quality goals and lifecycle management (Gate) reviews
- Managing product safety and risk / opportunity assessments
- Identifying key skills required and developing the project team
- Mentoring of team members, providing guidance and support
Experience required for this role:-
- Project management, mentoring staff and leading teams
- Working to defined and structured lifecycle processes with formal gate reviews and a culture of measurement and continuous improvement
- Working to quality standards and qualifications, AS9100 desirable
- Understanding or experience of working with Agile methodology and iterative delivery
- Understanding or experience of working within a SW DevOps environment
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Decision-making and leadership
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Project management techniques and tools
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn