Join a world-renowned Aerospace and Defence organisation as a Project Manager in Barrow.
Would you like to join a global Aerospace and Defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their growing team in Barrow on a 6 month contract. Rate is £38.90/hour (PAYE) or £49.24/hour Umbrella.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of a Project Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing a single team running a small to medium-sized project or a work package within a larger project
- Accountable for the budget, performance and results of the team
- Exercises full management authority, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination and other personnel actions
In addition, you will also ensure essential procedures are followed based on own knowledge of Project Management and adapt and develop own project plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
To succeed within the role of a Project Manager, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Recognised as an experienced Project Management Practitioner with extensive knowledge of Project Management (tools, techniques, practices)
- Good communication and diplomacy skills. Able to persuade and influence internal & external stakeholders
- Willing to do Nightshift / Backshift or any other shift pattern that the business requires. Please be advised that various hifts & 7 day working arrangements may apply
In addition, University level education or Professional PM Qualification or years of practical experience gained through application of Project Management would be beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Develop Expertise
- Being appreciated and Valued
- Opportunity to influence
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn