Project Engineering Manager - initial 6 Month contract - Basildon
A great opportunity has come along with one of the UK's largest Defence organisations who are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineering Manager within their busy business area.
The role is based in Basildon, however there is potential remote working opportunities, the role will be an initial 6-month contract and is paying £50-58 per hour (Inside IR35). There is a view of starting the right candidate ASAP.
- Initial 6-month initial contract plus potential extensions
- £50-58 per hour (inside IR35)
- Basildon - Hybrid working set up
Within your role as the Project Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- The Project Engineering Managers is responsible for the management of multi-disciplined engineering teams. Working closely with project managers, they are responsible for delivery of the overall engineering output on time, cost and performance budgets.
- The Project Engineering Managers is responsible for generating strong engineering plans, establishing key milestones and identifying risks, opportunities and interdependencies.
- The Project Engineering Managers is responsible for reviewing the current engineering position within a project, and adapting plans as required, to mitigate risks to either cost, schedule or performance budgets.
- The Project Engineering Managers is responsible for preparation and communication of monthly engineering status reports for each of their assigned projects.
- Educated to a degree level in an engineering-related subject (essential)
- Previous experience of managing and/or leading multi-disciplined engineering teams (essential)
- Strong understanding and proven track record of following engineering lifecycles and processes (essential)
- Experience of Complex Electro Optics Product & Development programmes (desirable)
- Experience developing products combining electronics, mechanical, software and firmware technologies (desirable)
- Experience of working within the defence industry (desirable)
*To be successful within this position you also must be eligible to SC Clearance*
If you are interested in this contract, please contact Sophie Tully at JAM Recruitment and send your CV over to s.tully(at)jamrecruitment.co.uk
If this isn't the role for you, but you know of someone who could be interested, JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you refer to us, so get in touch.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn