Are you an experienced Project Engineer keen to support solutions within the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, this could be the right role for you..
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Lead Project Engineer join their existing team in Cwmbran (hybrid working) on a permanent basis.
The successful Project Engineer will be a key individual contributor and integral part of the Engineering project Management Office team. You will provide technical support, work package collaboration, and project management across a range of Engineering projects. You will be deployed to the projects in either Early Engagement, Delivery, Test and Prototyping, and/or Sustaining Production.
You will be responsible for:
- Understanding and facilitating Time Cost and Quality in the Product Development and/or R&T Lifecycle.
- Actively engaging and developing in Project Governance and Methods and Tools to complete the project to the contractual and customer requirements.
- Managing stakeholders from multiple Engineering and non-Engineering disciplines to enable a successful project.
- Managing change and requirements of product development.
- Ensuring product development is compliant to aircraft certification requirements utilising the expertise of the team
- Qualified with an accredited Degree or equivalent level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical engineering or Materials Science field
- Knowledge in the design of software, electrical and electronic systems or Composite, plastic & additive manufactured components.
- Industrial experience in product development, production engineering or research & development field within engineering
- Experience of project management, methods and tools
- Proven background in planning and influencing project results
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing using the English language including verbal, and written presentations
- Ability to establish good working relationships across departments & with customers
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
- Hybrid working - 2-3 days a week in the office, 2-3 from home
- You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
- Early finish on a Friday - a particular favourite within the team!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn