Are you an experienced Project Cost Control Discipline Lead keen to support solutions within the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, this could be the right role for you…
My client is an international defence company, who support and enhance their customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
They are in the process of a supplementing the current Project Management & Project Controls (PM&PC) Function through implementing complementary, but individually focused disciplines. As a result, we are looking for a driven and experienced professional to develop and maintain a strong project estimating and cost management community, capability and culture across our Mission Systems business.
This is a leading role, and one that offers the ability to really shape the future of project estimating and cost management within our business
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the community of individuals specialised in estimating and cost management, including professional development, mentoring and coaching
- Working with the PM&PC Function Operations Lead to generate a pipeline of suitably qualified and experienced estimating and cost management professionals in line with related delivery demand across the portfolio.
You will have:
- Significant experience of project estimating and cost management / control techniques and approaches, including estimating, forecasting, performance reporting (i.e. EVM) and quantitative risk analysis etc.
- Comprehensive experience of delivering/leading estimating and cost management within projects and programmes for large and technically complex equipment or system delivery contracts.
- Experience of using, or working alongside, related software tools such as MSP, P6, Active Risk Manager, RiskHive, Deltec Cobra, Safran or Primavera Risk Analyser etc.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to interact successfully at all levels.
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including up to 8% pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
- Hybrid working - 2 days a week in the office in Bristol, 3 from home
- You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
- Early finish on a Friday - a particular favourite within the team!
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***