Project Controller | 12 month initial contract | £32.38 per hour umbrella
A great opportunity has come along with a leading aerospace and defence business who are currently looking to recruit a Project Controller for their site based at Warton. The role is an initial 12-month contract and there is a view of starting the right candidate ASAP.
The Role: Project Controller
Contract: 12 months initially plus extensions
Rate: £32.38 per hour Umbrella.
IR35 status: Inside IR35.
Location: Warton, hybrid working or remote if needed
Key Responsibility Areas
The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Establishing and managing the project schedules.
- Tracking spend and controlling project costs.
- Implementing and utilising Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies when appropriate.
- Driving ownership of the work scope tasks throughout the project team.
- Analysing project information to enable early identification of problems and then implementing mitigation actions.
- Providing managerial analysis and a level of independent challenge to the organisation with respect to project performance.
The Individual Requirements
- Experience of operating an effective project control system to define progress and identify programme performance issues.
- Demonstrable experience of risk, opportunity and change management.
- Experience creating and maintaining project schedules using toolsets such as MSP, OPP, Primavera.
- Strong proven experience of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills to enable key decisions to be made effectively
- A formal project management qualification (e.g. APMP, PMQ, PMP or Prince 2)
If you are interested in this contract, please contact Sophie Tully at JAM Recruitment and send your CV over to s.tully(at)jamrecruitment.co.uk
If this isn't the role for you, but you know of someone who could be interested, JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you refer to us, so get in touch.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn