Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Product Safety Engineer to join their growing team in Barrow in Furness on a 6 Month contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Product Safety Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- To undertake Product Safety functional design analysis and/or provide specialist Safety advice of their scope of responsibility and provide evidence for acceptance and fitness for purpose of structure, systems and component and Whole Boat designs.
- To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities from a Product Safety perspective.
- To provide support to the Certificate of Design activities appropriate to the discipline and from a Product Safety perspective;
To succeed within the role of Product Safety Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA
- Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
- Accident Sequence Modelling (ASM)
In addition, any experience of Product Safety hazard identification and analysis using internationally recognised techniques such as, Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA), Functional Safety Assessment (FSA), Zonal Hazard Analysis (ZHA), Hazard & Operability Analysis (HAZOP), Affective Safety Management (ASM); or Delivery of Product Safety Cases and Management Systems to defence or other internationally recognised standards e.g IEC61508, DO178, DEF-STAN-00-56, ARP-4761; will be helpful.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Product Safety Engineer, please send your CV to Samantha Bowers via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn