Location: Glascoed, USK (Site Based)
Duration: 18 Month Contract Initially
Ratee: £43.54 per hour umbrella
- A challenging opportunity has arisen at Glascoed for a Process Development Engineer working within a multi-disciplined team involved in the design, manufacture and support of new products.
- This role will report directly to the Senior Process Engineer.
- The role is responsible for the development of manufacturing processes from concept through to commissioning and qualification. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven capability in developing manufacturing processes including system integration. The successful applicant will be the first point of contact for process queries within the team.
- The successful applicant will have a strong background in manufacturing process development and also have a working knowledge of Non-Destructive Techniques (NDT) and PLC control systems, preferably Siemens. Many processes involve the control of powders, liquids or slurries through pressing, casting or extrusion processes; therefore knowledge of materials technology or fluids is desirable but not essential. Other processes involve assembly of high precision components. In cases of no or limited materials technology processing, the candidate will demonstrate an aptitude to learn and develop expertise in this subject.
- Specific duties will include the identification and management of process technical requirements, provision of expertise into the risk management process, provision of engineering support to the tendering process, implementation of Safe Systems of Work in line with Company and Statutory requirements and the technical management of the commissioning and qualification process. The role will also involve Continuous Improvement activities in support of existing products and processes, which will involve the planning and introduction of process changes in a controlled and timely manner.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, able to demonstrate good planning and organisational skills, have good technical and manufacturing understanding, show initiative and be able to work under pressure on a number of activities simultaneously. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, together with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A good knowledge of statistical techniques for measuring process capability and maintaining process control would be an advantage, including an understanding of Six-Sigma and the ability to develop, establish and maintain capable production processes.
- Although knowledge of munitions and explosive processing is an advantage, it is not essential, as training will be given. Experience of general manufacturing and engineering processes and techniques is essential.
- Plan and manage manufacturing process development activities within capital budgets, whilst providing solutions and processes that are robust, timely, and cost effective which meet with customer expectations.
- To coordinate development activities to establish supporting data that ensures the manufacturing processes are based on a sound understanding of the materials which are being processed and the technology adopted for the plant and equipment.
- To coordinate and manage a project data file capturing salient data including design and rationale, trials data, process definition including drawings and specifications, certification and safety data. This data is to be controlled through the company's Product Lifecycle Management system, Teamcenter.
- To develop robust manufacturing processes implementing industry standard controls to ensure long term process stability, including but not limited to the following: Lean principles, PCPs, PFMEAs, PLC monitoring with Built In Test and Visual Management Systems.
- Lead and support a number of activities including process reviews, capability studies, Safe System of Work, preparation and compilation of progress reports. To carry out Risk Assessments on processes and equipment, in a high hazard industry.
- Interacting with cross functional departments to ensure the correct stake are involved at the appropriate times. This will ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget, meets the required safety conditions and customer throughput requirements.
- Present data to higher management and customer representatives (verbal and written) on topics relating to project status within development or production deliverables, e.g. KPIs
Key Skills / Experience:
- Minimum HNC / HND in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of materials processing
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing in a high hazard environment
- IOSH Managing Safety / NEBOSH Certificate
- Green Belt Six Sigma
- A good understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques.
- Formal training in Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
- Significant experience in carrying out Risk Assessments of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of SIL and LOPA Analysis
- Experience of Contactor Management
- Competent in the use of computers including Microsoft Office
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn