Principle Design Engineer - 6 Month Contract - Portsmouth (Hybrid) - £61.57 an hour Umbrella Inside IR35
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Portsmouth (Hybrid/remote)
To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and/or to organise and co-ordinate aspects of detail design activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
- Mechanical Design
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all aspects within his/her discipline.
- Able to perform robust analysis using recognised draughting and analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting responses in assigned areas to operational units or other activities.
- Requires an understanding of how activities of own team interrelates and interacts with other functional areas aligned to the same contract or project.
- Understands in detail the technical specification aligned to the functional area of activity. Can manage requirements and identify scope change.
- Can apply the relevant Business processes to developing their outputs.
- Required to deputise for the Design Lead (Engineering Manager) when appropriate.
- May be required to lead Early Careers.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley at JAM recruitment or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn