Are you an experienced Project Planner/Scheduler keen to support solutions within the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, this could be the right role for you...
My client is an international defence company, who support and enhance their customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
As a Principal Project Planner, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be developing, implementing, and leading on the schedule management approach for a complex programme or project working within a highly secure environment.
You will work with various stakeholders, including Control Account Managers, project controllers, senior leaders, and wider project stakeholders. You will utilise your strong communication, relationship building and team playing capability to ensure the integrated schedule is reflective of all contract work and deliverables, reflects current status / progress, is used to drive focused and effective delivery and supports clear performance measuring. Most importantly, your motivation, drive and passion for managing and delivering successful project outcomes will win the hearts and minds of customers and colleagues alike.
The role also offers the opportunity to support the implementation/development of best practice schedule management approaches across the breadth of the Mission Systems portfolio.
You will be responsible for:
- Embedding schedule management plans
- Governance and Assurance, whilst leading on the development/baselining and maintenance of a robust integrated project schedule
- Ensuring alignment between the integrated scheduling toolsets and the companies financial and material demand toolset
- Developing and mentoring junior colleagues
You will have:
- Significant recent and relevant experience in a similar role, environment and/or industry
- Advanced knowledge and experience of using Primavera P6
- Experience of supporting quantitative schedule risk analysis (I.e., Monte Carlo) is desirable
- Experience of creating and maintaining related governance artefacts (Project Management Plans, Schedule Maintenance Plans etc)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including up to 8% pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
- Hybrid working - 2-3 days a week in the office in Bristol, 2-3 from home
- You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
- Early finish on a Friday - a particular favourite within the team!
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn