A well respected defence engineering organisation is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Product Security focused Principal Engineer to join their dedicated team of technical professionals. The role is based in Weymouth, Dorset and is for an initial 12 month duration. There is a rate of £65Ltd on offer for the successful candidate. Please find the description below:
The successful candidate will be responsible for, or provide input to the following typical key deliverables, dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
- Risk Management Accreditation Document Set (RMADS).
- Security Strategy and other accreditation documentation
- Captured and agreed technical requirements in accordance with company and programme processes.
- Compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations.
- Technical input and appropriate consideration of product security activities and issues for LCM deliverables and Design Reviews, including Sub-Contract Design Reviews.
- Captured and agreed input to appropriate Verification and Qualification Plans.
- Specialist advice and contribution to other project documentation, such as Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Technical Publications, Cyber Incident Plans and Operating Instructions (list is not exhaustive).
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant STEM subject or Information Security related.
- Holds NCSC CCP SIRA status (or able to achieve)
- Good understanding of information security principles and is able to advise on the potential impact to Product Systems.
- Experience of Product Security Engineering activities in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain.
- Knowledge of security related activities required to support the engineering lifecycle with experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role.
- Proven experience of assessing and managing information risk in line with industry good practice.
- Experience of assessing and advising on controls to support Product Safety.
- Proven experience of applying Product Security/Information Security concepts to applicable technologies within the environment (or similar).
- Supports and contributes to information security professional bodies and industry forums.
- Can demonstrate experience of mentoring and/or providing support to others.
- Is a member of a professional institute
- Can demonstrate continuous improvement, professional development and awareness of current industry good practice.
Simply click on the apply button now.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn