A well respected defence engineering organisation is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Combat Systems focused Principal Engineer to join their dedicated team of technical professionals. The role is based in Weymouth, Dorset and is for an initial 12 month duration. There is a rate of £60Ltd on offer for the successful candidate. Please find the description below:
The combat systems principal engineer will be responsible for, or provide input to the following typical key deliverables, dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
- Captured and agreed technical requirements in accordance with company and programme processes.
- Compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations.
- Design documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Design change requirements and documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Engineering LCM adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
- Engineering Lifecycle Management (LCM) adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
- Captured and agreed input to appropriate Verification Cross-Reference Index (VCRI), Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plans (ITEAP) and Qualification Plans.
- Specialist advice and contribution to other project documentation, such as Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Technical Publications, and Operating Instructions (list is not exhaustive).
- Knowledge of combat systems in the maritime defence domain and have a comprehensive understanding of how such systems and associated activities interact with the overall platform. Platform and ideally sea experience in an operational, build, trials or in-service support environment in order to have gained an understanding of the operational needs and requirements of a Combat System, and to help be credible with the Customer and User.
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
- Have a strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE.
- Good communication skills and be able to interact with stakeholders
Simply click on the apply button now.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn