Senior/Principal Electrical Equipment Design Engineer - Portsmouth Based (remote) - 12 Month Contract - £44.61 PAYE or £49.29 Umbrella Per Hour INSIDE IR35
This is a great opportunity for an Electrical Equipment Design Engineer, joining a growing multi-disciplinary team within the Engineering Projects Group (EPG). EPG is part of Engineering & Digital Services, within the wider Maritime Services business and is currently expanding to meet the demands of a variety of engineering projects. Responsibility for the development of mechanical aspects of combat and automation system products, including design and design development tasks in respect of both new products and technology insertion into legacy products.
Daily activities within this role:-
- Integration of practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions.
- Requirement analysis and derivation at sub-system and product level, in addition to defining and capturing qualification statements/cases against requirements.
- Provide guidance to small groups of engineers within the team on specific tasks.
- Provide technical guidance on areas of specific expertise within the team.
- Detailed electrical engineering design of combat and automation system products.
- Carrying out electrical engineering design tasks to include feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project and business requirements.
- Specifying the components, layouts, integration of functional elements to meet performance requirements for all aspects of electrical product design.
- Substantiation of the functional, EMC and electrical protection of the designed product within its operating environment.
- Writing of verification and test procedures proving compliance for product acceptance.
Experience required for this role:-
- Requirement analysis and derivation at sub-system level, in addition to defining and capturing qualification statements/cases against requirements.
- Undertake detailed design and implementation of electrical and physical aspects to meet the environmental and functional requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
- Configuration management.
- Undertaking functional design, providing specialist advice and producing evidence in support of legislative, safety and technical requirements.
- Liaising with internal and external customers as part of a technical team.
- Undertaking peer reviews, presenting information to design review panels.
For more information, please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn