Exciting opportunity for a Platform Developer work to work for a rapidly growing company based in Manchester City Centre that specialises in cutting-edge wearable tech products.
The role is a permanent position offering some remote working and a negotiable salary package, are you potentially looking at a career move into an exciting and forward thinking new business with ambitious growth plans?
The platform developer will be responsible for building the APIs and backend business logic that supports our mobile and web applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the product owner, developers, testers and subject matter experts throughout the business to derive user stories for new features
- Building GraphQL and RESTful Apis using AWS AppSync, API Gateway, Lambda functions, DynamoDB, Kinesis and Apache Kafka
- Building event driven services to expand and enrich the data available through the platform both to end-users and within the business.
- Creating AWS infrastructure components to support the platform
- Writing unit tests to ensure the quality of the platform
- Working with the software architect to define the future direction and evolution of the platform.
You will have:
- Knowledge & experience of software development using TypeScript & NodeJS
- Understanding of event driven architecture
- A good understanding of the AWS ecosystem
- Experience of AWS serverless technologies, particularly Lambda, DynamoDB & AppSync
- Understanding of DevOps tools and practices
- Experience of building GraphQL and/or RESTful APIs
- Experience working with Apache Kafka (desirable)
- Experience working with any of: AWS CDK, Serverless Framework, Terraform (desirable)
- Knowledge or experience of one or more other programming languages, e.g., Java, Scala, Python, C#, Go (desirable)
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn